Est. October 28,2010

Monday, March 16, 2015

Pensacola or bust!

Its been about 2 weeks now since we were on our little road trip to our new home in pensacola! It was a fun little trip for us! We weren't in any rush to get to our new home since it was possible that our stuff wouldn't get to us until the 9th of March and Jeff didn't have to start working until March 10th... Plus we had to drive seperate and we wanted to make the drive easy on the boys.. I think our longest drive out of the three days was 4 1/2 hours which isn't bad at all!! The first day we drove to houston.. On the way into town we stopped at IKEA.. There were a few things I wish I had grabbed when we made the trip to ikea in Austin.. And once we got to florida the closest one is 5 hours away!! After IKEA we checked into our hotel and grabbed some dinner. The next morning we went and looked at NASA and then stopped at the aquarium before we started out drive to Louisiana! Louisiana is totally my favorite! It's just gorgeous there!! After we got to our hotel in Louisiana we set out for some real Louisiana Cajun food.. We shared fried pickles.. Fried shrimp and tried our first bowl of gumbo! I was dying to try a beignet ... But the place we ate at didn't have any.. Just another reason for us to take a 3 hour road trip to New Orleans soon!! Then the third day we finally made it to pensacola.. We checked into the housing office.. They took us over to our house and before we knew it the mover showed up with our stuff!! It was def a long day getting everything unloaded and unpacked but we were super excited we didn't have to go a week without our stuff!! Of coarse the next day we had to go find the beach/bay that's a minute drive from our house! So perfect! 
About to hit the road.. We had to get a picture of the boys in front of our texas home for the last time 

Hello houston! I'm pretty sure our entire road trip was foggy like this!! 

The houston aquarium 


Family selfie! 
I love Louisiana! It was so green!! 
And we went on an 18 mile bridge over this swamp.. Ryker couldn't stop talking about that's where the alligators live 

I was thrilled that landon slept the entire time we were in the car every day!
Passing through mobile Alabama.. I'm excited this cute little city is only an hour away from us! 
The beach/bay right by our house 
The sand here is so white! It reminds me of sugar cookie dough! 














No comments:

Post a Comment